Building Use Policy
Agape Gardens Ministries, Inc.
The facilities of Agape Gardens Ministries, Inc., Kokomo, Indiana may be made available to other Christian and Not-for Profit Organizations at the discretion of the Executive Director and with review by the Board of Trustees.
Such persons or groups must schedule the facilities for appropriate activities by:
1. Contacting the office during regular hours of operation.
2. Filling out the building application form.
3. Making sure the Ministry Calendar is clear on the date and time desired.
4. Paying non-refundable deposit of 50% total costs toward your charges.
A building use fee will be assessed depending on the custodial or supervisory needs required and the standard use fee.
Groups not connected with Agape Gardens Ministries, Inc. must provide a “certificate of insurance” from their insurance provider for our file. Should the group not have insurance, they shall be invited to sign a waiver of liability for the protection of Agape Gardens Ministries, Inc. (Each person using the facility in this case must have a signed waiver.)
If the facilities are approved for use, the appropriate fees will be determined and applied based on the area and relevant costs. All fees shall be paid at least two weeks in advance of the scheduled event if paid by check for the building usage and estimated custodial expense. Fifty percent (50%) of the total cost of your event is due at reservation, with balance due as follows: Checks made payable to Agape Gardens Ministries, Inc. are accepted up through two weeks prior to the event; any unpaid balance made less than two weeks prior to the event must be made in cash. If the event is requested less than two weeks beforehand, payment must be paid in full and in cash.
The following rules apply when using the Facility.
1. Any tables and chairs will be set up and taken down by your group.
2. Care must be taken when affixing any decoration or display materials to any surface. Please do not attach anything to the walls and ceiling. Do not use cellophane tape and remove decoration promptly after use.
3. Handle furniture and equipment carefully. Please do not throw objects about the room and avoid rough play.
4. If serving refreshments, each group is responsible for completely cleaning up and returning items used to its proper place. Trash must be removed from the building.
5. No equipment or furniture is to be removed from the Facility.
Please submit a plan for the use of displays or literature racks. Designated areas will be assigned so that the gymnasium floor will be preserved.
Any for profit commercial activities involving admission fees or the sale of goods or services may not be permitted at Agape Gardens Ministries, Inc. Since Agape Gardens Ministries, Inc. maintains a tax-exempt status, commercial activities are not permitted. Fund raising activities by or for Agape Garden ministries, Inc. are permitted. Exceptions to this policy may only be made by the executive Director and is subject to review by the Board of Trustees. Revised: February 2006
Gym Use Rules
1. Keep all participants and spectators in the Gymnasium area and the Entry Hall. Non-
Participating siblings must remain with their parents at all times. (They need a waiver
form as well.)
2. Clean up all trash and remove from the building before leaving. (There will be a
Janitorial fee added if you do not. This includes bottles, snacks and snack containers,
cardboard, etc). If you sweep the floor, pick up the pile and place in the trash cans.
3. Use only the restrooms near the gym doors.
4. Wear only gym shoes on the floor. We prefer no street tennis shoes are used and absolutely no hard-soled shoes. “Heelies’ are not permitted in our building.
5. Turn off all lights when you are finished including gym, entry hall and restrooms.
6. Be sure all exit doors are locked before you leave.
7. Your scheduled time is what you pay for. Please be courteous to others and arrive and leave on time. All persons and equipment you use should be out of the gym in time for the next group to enter. If your time is 5-7, you need to stay in that time frame. Other wise, you will need to reserve and extra ˝ hour to accommodate your set up and break down times and pay for that as well.
1. No Alcohol or Cigarettes are permitted in the building or on the grounds including
the parking lot and sidewalks.
2. NO Gum is permitted in our building at all!
3. Do not throw trash and empty bottles under the bleachers.
4. Do not leave dust and trash you have swept on the floor. Pick it up and place it in the trash can.
5. Do not pull out extra bleachers without permission. (Only one section is out.)
6. Do not allow children to climb and jump around on the bleachers.
7. There is to be no entry into the school areas or hallways. This includes the north hall and restrooms there.
Notes / Room Set Up:
No additional use unless arrangements are made.
Fee Schedule: Gymnasium: $30. 00 per hour including set up and clean-up time.
Individual Room : $20.00 per hour including set up and clean-up time.
Equipment: $______________________ variable with items needed.
Custodial Fee $20.00 per hour – if needed- . 1 hr. minimum
(Extended time in the gym may qualify for a discount after 3 hours use.)*
All organizations where ministry related Agape Gardens Ministries or those from the Kokomo community must make a building reservation through the office and have a written approval for the use of the facilities. This is the only way the facilities may be guaranteed and the date of your activity be placed on the events calendar. Agape Gardens Ministries reserves the right to terminate this building use permission at any time. Smoking, alcohol, or controlled substances of any kind are not permitted in the building or on the grounds of Agape Gardens Ministries. (This includes the parking lot, sidewalks, and the garden areas.)
Furniture and equipment are not to be moved without permission from the Executive Director or the Board of Trustees. Please make checks payable to Agape Gardens Ministries, Inc.
I have read and understand the Agape Gardens Ministries Building Use Policy. We assume all responsibility for damages or loss to the building and/or its contents that may be caused by our organization.